So cool 🙂
Remote control your camera with your smartphone.
I still had 7.0.7390.0 on my Samsung Focus. I forced it to 7.0.7392.0.
And now it is updating to 7.0.7403.0 It just updated to 7.0.7403.0 and busy installing also update 7.10.7720.68 😉
(see screenshots from Zune).
Try these steps several times:
- Start Zune Software
- Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Windows Phone
- Connect the Windows Phone with the PC (via USB cable)
- Start the update search in Zune Software
- About 1, 2 or 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off /
unplug your network cable).
- Zune Software finds the Update.
Press OK or Close on your Phone (it will show a message that an update was found).
In Zune Software click on the update button it is placed on top.
Don’t click the OK button at the bottom next to cancel.
The button can also be called install instead of update, I’m not sure anymore.
- Connect to the internet again
- When connected again to the internet, click in Zune Software on the Install button 😉
(source – source2)
When repeating the steps, disconnect the USB cable again, close the Zune Software and try again from step 1.
I had to do it 4 or 5 times per update that I wanted to force.
Let’s hope I can force it to Mango now 🙂
See the official Windows Phone update history here.
(Tnx to @windcape @withinrafael @tomwarren)
With some delay and several tweets, a new (!!) package with a second phone was sent and arrived yesterday:
I’m really impressed with the brightness of the Super AMOLED display and the look and feel of the Windows Phone user interface/experience (UI/UX).
Several people have already played with it and they were suprised how fast everything works. (I have noticed that some of them will actually buy one very soon 😛 ).
Updating and syncing goes very easy with the Zune software. This is a screenshot just before the “Copy and paste” update:
Thanks WinRumors.com !