I still had 7.0.7390.0 on my Samsung Focus. I forced it to 7.0.7392.0.
And now it is updating to 7.0.7403.0 It just updated to 7.0.7403.0 and busy installing also update 7.10.7720.68 ;-)
(see screenshots from Zune).
Try these steps several times:
- Start Zune Software
- Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Windows Phone
- Connect the Windows Phone with the PC (via USB cable)
- Start the update search in Zune Software
- About 1, 2 or 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off /
unplug your network cable).
- Zune Software finds the Update.
Press OK or Close on your Phone (it will show a message that an update was found).
In Zune Software click on the update button it is placed on top.
Don’t click the OK button at the bottom next to cancel.
The button can also be called install instead of update, I’m not sure anymore.
- Connect to the internet again
- When connected again to the internet, click in Zune Software on the Install button ;-)
(source – source2)
When repeating the steps, disconnect the USB cable again, close the Zune Software and try again from step 1.
I had to do it 4 or 5 times per update that I wanted to force.
Let’s hope I can force it to Mango now :)
See the official Windows Phone update history here.
(Tnx to @windcape @withinrafael @tomwarren)
[ source ]