When writing code in Visual Studio, the shortkey Ctrl+Alt+Space toggles the completion mode of IntelliSense in the Text Editor.
The completion mode can be manually changed by going to this menu in VS2012:
EDIT > IntelliSense > Toggle Completion Mode
However the shortkey can be annoying while coding, depending on your keyboard configuration and language.
To disable this shortkey command in Visual Studio 2012 follow these steps:
- Go to TOOLS
- Select Options…
- Go to Environment > Keyboard
- Below the Show commands containing: type the word completion and hit the TAB-key
- The filtered listbox should now contain a command called Edit.ToggleCompletionMode
- Select it and hit the button Remove
- Click OK to close the Options form
These steps are very similar to Visual Studio 2010.