- Create a new empty text document (.txt) on your pc. (e.g.: on your desktop)
- Rename it to X.UDL
- Double click the file to open the Data Link Properties
- Select the correct provider on the [Provider] tabpage
Fill in your connection details on the [Connection] tabpage
- Click [OK] to close the Data Link Properties window when you have a succesful connection (via [Test Connection])
- Now open the X.UDL with your favorite text editor (e.g.: notepad, notepad++)
You should see your connection string now!